Privacy statement for Firesafe
- About this privacy statement
- 1. Key definitions
- 2. Data controller or data processor
- 3. What information does Firesafe collect about you?
- 4. Why does Firesafe collect your personal information?
- 5. What legal basis does Firesafe use to process your personal data?
- 6. Deletion of your personal data
- 7. Your rights
- 8. Sharing your personal data with third parties
8.1 Transfer of personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA
- 9. Contact information
About this privacy statement
In this privacy statement you will find information about how we at Firesafe process your personal data. We encourage you to read this privacy statement carefully. This was last updated 12.10.2022.
1. Key definitions
Personal data is information that alone or together with other information can be used to identify a person. Examples of personal data are name, phone number, location data or IP address.
Processing of personal data involves all forms of handling of personal data such as: collection, analysis, registration, and storage.
The data controller is the person who determines the purpose of the processing of personal data and what information is used. It is the data controller who is responsible for ensuring that the handling of your personal data takes place in accordance with the privacy regulations (GDPR).
The data processor is a subcontractor that processes personal data on behalf of and on instructions from the data controller.
2. Data controller or data processor
Firesafe AS is responsible for processing your personal data. In some cases, we will be a data processor. This applies, for example, in cases where a company purchases a service for its employees
from us, such as an e-learning course or other mandatory courses. In such situations, the employer will be the data controller and we at Firesafe are defined as a data processor.
3. What information does Firesafe collect about you?
What personal data we collect about you depends on which services you use, the channels you use to contact us and what information you provide us with.
We collect the following information about you:
- Contact information: Name, address, email address and phone number. This enables us to identify you and communicate with you about the products you wish to purchase from us.
- Company information: We collect information about which companies you may work for and your role in the company. This is so that we understand who you are and what needs you have as our customer. The purpose is to be able to offer you products that may be of interest to you and to be able us to market our services.
- Transaction data and product information: We store information about your purchase history and previous projects we have been involved in at your company. This is information we collect so that we can provide you with customer support if you complain about or have a problem with a product you have purchased from us.
- Financial information related to purchases: If you purchase a product from us, we store information about your account number and billing address. This is so that we can manage the financial aspect of your trade, such as providing you with the correct invoice and approving invoice.
- Recruitment information: If you apply for a position at Firesafe, we will process personal information about you to assess whether you are a suitable job candidate for us. In such cases, we will collect your CV, references from previous employers and your contact information. If you are not offered employment, we will store your information for three years. This information is stored in case new positions appear that may be relevant for you. We also store this information so that we can document which decision basis we use in our hiring process.
If you want to read more about how Google and Facebook use your personal data, you can read more in their privacy policies:
4. Why does Firesafe collect your personal information?
The personal data you provide us are used for the following purposes:
- Customer care and information about our products.
- Sales and marketing activities in the form of direct email or phone calls.
- To obtain statistics and information about user behavior to improve our website and the user experience.
- So that we can provide you with a more personalized experience.
- For marketing and communication purposes and to be able to offer products adapted to you and your company’s needs.
We ask you for personal data to:
- Respond to your requests by phone, email or through social media.
- Send you desired products or other material, or otherwise be able to fulfill our obligations to you as our customer.
- Create and maintain a sales dialogue.
- Be able to provide you with customer service and customer support.
- Send information that may be of interest to you.
- Add you to an e-mail list and newsletters and other content that you have chosen to receive.
5. What legal basis does Firesafe use to process your personal data?
We use different legal bases when processing personal data about you. It is the purpose of the processing, i.e. why we process your personal data, that determines the legal basis we use. We use the following legal bases:
- Fulfilling a contract or agreement with you as our customer: If we enter into a contract or an agreement with you regarding a purchase, we need to process personal data about you to perform our part of the contract. This may apply, for example, in sales situations or purchasing of our products.
- Legal obligation: Some of your information related to financial matters we are obliged to store on the basis of legal accounting obligations.
- Legitimate interest: We use legitimate interest for some of our marketing activities, such as analysis user behavior on our website.
- Consent: We use consent when you are receiving direct marketing from us, for example when you sign up for our newsletters.
6. Deletion of your personal data
We process your personal data as long as we have a defined and active purpose for processing your personal data. We will then delete your data.
- If you have consented to us processing your personal data, we will delete your data when you withdraw your consent.
- If you have an active dialogue with us, we will store your data for up to five years after the dialogue between us has ended.
- If you are employed by a company that has a contract or agreement with us, we will process your data for as long as this contract is in force. For active customer relationships, we process your data until you terminate your role in the company or until the company no longer has a contract with Firesafe. We will process information about your company for up to five years after the contract has ended, so that we can follow up on any customer service or resume the customer relationship if necessary.
- If you leave a company that is a customer of ours, you are responsible for notifying us so that we can delete your personal data.
7. Your rights
As long as we process personal data about you, you have the right to ask us to fulfill the following rights:
- Request access, correction, and deletion
- Request a copy of your personal data (data portability)
- Request restriction of the use of your personal data
- Object to the processing of your personal data and withdraw consent if the legal basis is consent
- You also have the right to complain to the Data Protection Authority: Intergritetsmyndigheten
8. Sharing your personal data with third parties
We only share your personal data with our subcontractors (data processors) with whom we enter into a data processing agreement with. These are subcontractors we need in order to offer our services and products. This applies, for example, if you choose to pay for a service via our website, in which case we use a subcontractor for the payment process.
If you choose to contact us via one of our social media channels, your information will also be shared with that specific social media.
8.1 Transfer of personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA
Some of Firesafe’s subcontractors are located outside the EU and EEA, for example if you use our e-learning courses, the subcontractor we use (Thinkific) is a Canadian company that stores data in Canada. We only use suppliers outside the EU and EEA where we can use a valid transfer basis in the data protection legislation (GDPR). We have always entered into an agreement with the supplier in question and we ensure that your personal data are safeguarded.
9. Contact information
If you have any questions about how your personal data is processed by us or if you want to exercise any of your rights, you can send an email to: email@example.com or call: 010-155 09 00